Accelerating recording of medical research data
An EHR system for automating record-keeping and data entry for medical researchers, that ensures data accuracy, protects patient confidentiality and improves resource allocation and study reliability.
Provides a comprehensive toolkit to monitor patients’ interactions with the study, track their attendance and engagement with clinicians, and improve statistical precision in medical research.
Electronic data entry in medical research
The system is customizable to the unique needs of institutions, areas of research interest and specific trials. The EHR system Lightpoint created can be used to monitor patients’ visiting schedules, staff schedule tracking, single patient ID, laboratory management and task allocation and tracking across studies, research groups and organizations.
Medical research challenges
Key challenges include:
Creating a medical research system
We created a medical record system software that automates parts of the record-keeping and data entry processes, letting project designers create their own forms from preset fields and fill them in on digital equipment before adding them to a searchable library and building reports and analysis from them.
Key features of the system
Platform features include:
- Permissioned access to resources both inside and beyond the system
- Data processing powered by Machine Learning
- Performance monitoring of the user engagement module
- Multiple integrations across industry-standard tools
- Contemporary technology stack
- Intruder detection and blocking system
- Allows assistants to create, set up and conduct medical research
- Permits flexibly-structured records and forms
- Tracks staff and patient activities and interactions, resource allocations and more
- Generates reliable, accurate statistics for granular, data-driven decision-making
- Exceeds patient expectations for efficiency and ease of use
- Reduces costs by efficiency savings
- Customizable to meet the needs of organizations and projects
- Dashboards and analytics
- Security as standard by permissioned access
- All activities logged
We delivered the EHR system to our client, one of the leading medical research organizations, and they have used it successfully to improve patient access and retention, drive efficiency savings and improve the accuracy and reliability of their record-keeping.