Staff scan QR codes on their smartphones to enter buildings, offices and areas.
Phones send a request for entry to a central server which decides based on records identities and permissions.
Each employee has a personal access code inside the system which can be used only once: duplicate requests are refused automatically.
Managers have access to a web platform that shows employee activity logs, analyses data and delivers reports.
Challenges for access control in knowledge industries
- Intuitive end-user experience
- Security and compliance as standard — no personal information is collected or stored
- Persistent single identity
- Management toolkit including time and motion recording and analysis
- Centralized server, distributed functionality
- Any-time access management by administrators
.NET 4.0 (C#)
Visual Studio 2014